Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Dehydrated Ground Turkey

Hey y'all!!! Okay so here is a food storage helper for ya today!!

I've taken a dive into the dehydrating world and let me tell you, I'm HOOKED!
My dehydrator has given me many treats that me and kids both love. I swear my children every time I go to the kitchen and they see those giant aluminum things sitting on the counters my oldest shakes her head and just turns the other way like "momma's gone Coo Coo" hahaha But.. that is besides the point.

Today I'm gonna show you my recipe to dehydrate Ground Turkey.



So I took 1lb of Ground Turkey and about a 1/2 cup of my homemade breadcrumbs and mashed that all together.

I then cooked it till it was cooked all the way through and then laid it out on thick paper towels to absorb all the extra moisture.. I changed out my paper towels and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

Next morning I came in and divided my turkey in between 2 of my trays and let it dry for 2 hours at 145 after that I dropped the temp down to 125 for 6 more hours.

The finished product was GORGEOUS. I still have no idea exactly how long dehydrated meat will last. I have been told that if stored properly and in a cool dry place OUT of direct sunlight that it will last for at least a year. I only made a pound of this so I'm obviously going to be using it before then but I do intend on experimenting to see how long this will last us after proper storage.

Thanks for droppin by y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment