Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dehydrated Chicken Stock for Food Storage/Space Saver

Hey Y'all!! Okay, so I had this freezer bag FULL of chicken stock from when I boiled my chicken for my dehydrated chicken. So, that takes up SO much room in my freezer so I thought I'd give it a whirl and try to dehydrate it.

What I did was I took that stock and put it in a pot on the stove and let it reduce down to about 2tbs worth.
its really thick fyi and it makes your house smell like chicken.

I strained out all the extra chunks that were left over and laid out parchment paper onto a dehydrator tray.


My dehydrator doesn't have a temp gauge on it, so I just popped it in and let it do it's magic!

It turned out Wonderful, super concentrated, I am going to grind it into a powder and store it. I will be doing this with lots of my stock, be it beef or chicken!! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment