Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Food Storage Beef Stew

One more for tonight and then I think I will be done for the evening! Trying to do some catch up since it's been a while since I've posted!

Okay, so in my last post I told you that I went hog wild with my dehydrator. I took a 5lb bag of mixed veggies and it reduced down to 1 quart size jar. Can you belive that!? Here!
The mixed veggies are on the right!! 5lbs into that!! Amazing. stored correctly they will last for years. But, today I am gonna show you how to make some delicious beef stew all from food storage!!


  1. So I took about a cup and 1/2 of my dehydrated beef roast. 
  2. 1 cup of my mixed veggies (corn, green beans, peas, and carrots is in it)
  3. 6 beef bullion cubes (you can use store bought or homemade. I will be trying some homemade chicken bullion very soon to show y'all!)
  4. 6-8 cups of water 
  5. 1 1/4 cup of rice
  6. 1 Tbs of garlic powder or dried minced garlic
  7. salt and pepper to taste (I add extra pepper cause I love the bite pepper gives it)
  8. 1/4 cup dehydrated chopped onion
  9. 1/2 cup dried diced potatoes 
Throw it all into your stock pot and let it simmer on low-med so it can re-hydrate for about and hour or so and you have a delicious thick beef stew. You can do this fresh or from food storage. With it being from food storage I didn't have to prep anything, I had everything ready pre-cooked and ready to go!

Yum right?! Top it off I made a fresh loaf of Sourdough bread from my starter. Which I will be posting tomorrow. This meal has lots of flavor, just because it's food storage doesn't mean you have to lack in flavor or quality!!! Enjoy y'all!! Take out what you don't like, and add what you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment