Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Secret Garden


Hey y'all I really have been slacking on my blog posts. I apologize, things have been extremely busy around here, prepping for my spring garden,work and the kids in school things just seem to pile up now don't they?

I thought I would take this evening to catch up and post a few articles tonight, first I will show you what I have been up to in my yard.


Visit me on facebook!!!


First is my raised garden beds..

This is two of three of my small raised beds... small cute and my son is showing them off.. I will fill the cinder block holes to plant in as well :)

Then we have the dreaded hill, the hill that children threw toys, shoes, food I mean really anything you can think of... I never wanted to venture it, but I was turning my compost which is right behind where I am standing taking this picture and it got me thinking... why not clear it out and turn this into more garden space! duh!!!
So we did!!! It is now all leveled off and the soil is so perfect!!! All those leaves gave me some wonderful composted soil underneatch!!! :)

 
 
 
To give me better access to the bottom, I repurposed some old pieces of concrete blocks that were laying around and wooden boards that were shoved behind the shed and made myself some stairs, that way I didn't topple down the hill when I wanted to get down there and work in it!!

So this was last weekend's project, and it was a total success, all the kids got involved, well ok, my middle one didn't so much, she's my princess and doesn't like to get dirty but the other two, well how about I just show ya? :)


Happy faces of happy kids for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment