Thursday, January 31, 2013

Canned Potatoes

Evening everyone, I am really trying to get caught up on my blog posts tonight, I have taken way too much time off from this, I must start getting on this on a daily basis!!

We are coming upon grocery day and I almost always buy the big 20lb bag of potatoes, but this month we just didn't go through them like we usually do, so I decided I would can them! 

I used about 10lbs of potatoes here and ended up with 12
Canned Potatoes Recipe

Peel and quarter potatoes.
Boil for 10 min
Pack hot jars with potatoes and cover with boiling water (I used the water that I boiled my taters in)
1/2 tsp of salt per jar
Process for 40 min at 10# pressure for quarts and 35 min for pints

Let sit for 12 hours and make sure all jars have sealed. tada!!

for daily updates visit Prepper Nicki's Nook

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog Nicole-looking forward to going through it! I've never canned potatoes, tell me-how do they hold up in the pressure canner texture-wise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They hold up wonderfully.. they are great to throw into a stew or to make a quick mashed potato!!

    ReplyDelete