Friday, February 1, 2013

Canned Spaghetti Sauce

Afternoon friends!!! It's been a busy busy day already! We are getting close to 800 fans now on my facebook page! This is so exciting for me. When I started my facebook page I never thought in a million years that it would grow as much as it has! I love everyone on there, I spend more time on there then I do my personal fb page. Oh and when I hit 500 I posted a giveaway go check it out Prepper Nicki's Giveaway.


Okay so onto my recipe!! Canned Spaghetti Meat Sauce!! You get to control the ingredients, which is the best part!

What you will need:
12 quart jars with rims and lids
pressure canner
jar lifter
non metalic spatula
Saucepot

Sauce Recipe:
5lbs Ground turkey or Ground Beef ( I use ground turkey for almost everything but if I find a sale I will use ground beef)

1 1/2 cups chopped onion ( 2 medium onions )

8 cups cooked or canned tomatoes

2 cups tomato paste ( to thicken the sauce )

4 tbs italian seasoning

2tbs brown sugar



In a large saucepot brown your meat, don't worry about it cooking all the way through the processing will take care of that.

Add your onion and cook till just tender and drain off excess fat

Add remaining ingredients and simmer till it has reached your desired thickness

Ladle hot sauce into quart jars remembering to leave 1inch headspace

Run your non metalic spatula and remove air bubbles

Put your lids and rims on and Process

Quarts for 1hr 15min, Pints for 1 hour at 10# of pressure!!



After processing pull your jars out and put them in a place to cool for 6-12 hours and then check to make sure all have sealed correctly ( I usually don't wait this long, I check them after about 3 hours, I don't like waiting for the next day then have my food go spoiled overnight!
"Pinging" can begin as soon as the jars are removed! :)

Enjoy folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment