Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken

Hey Ya'll!! Hope ya'lls Thanksgiving was amazing!! Mine was busy busy busy!!! After watching the Texans game we took the kids on an hour 1/2 drive down to the families place for good grub and a few too many drinks haha!!! 

I hope those of you who did the black friday shopping all came back in one piece. I know I don't go, I worked at Wally World for years and I just refuse to go out into the madness! 

Today I've got a great recipe for you, better then take out in my opinion!!! I usually have to make a double batch of this cause the kids and their dad just go to town on it!

Ingredients-
1 lb chicken cut into 1 inch cubes (I use tenders cause its easier to cut into cubes)
1/2 oil
1 cup cornstarch (more if needed)
2 eggs 
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 vinegar
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs ketchup

Heat oven to 350

Take your sugar vinegar soy sauce and ketchup and mix together in a bowl and set to the side.

Heat your oil in your frying pan.

In a seperate bowl mix your eggs and milk, put your cornstarch in a seperate shallow dish.

Dip your chicken first into the egg wash then coat in the cornstarch and straight to the frying pan.

When they are good and browned transfer them to a shallow baking dish.

When all your chicken is done give your sweet and sour sauce another stir and pour the whole bowl evenly over your chicken and bake in the oven for 20-30 min.



Serve with rice, and as a side dish I always make peas and mayo.

Ok, ok.. I know it sounds weird. Ok, here ya go TRY it. 

One can of peas, one large spoon full of mayo and a tsp of salt and tsp of pepper. 

It's sweet, its yummy and its my kids favorite side dish.

Enjoy ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment