Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Homemade Mini Corndogs!

Afternoon Readers!!!!

  Whew what an intense week it has been already. With that dang election over and done with my prepping and frugal living has been jump started!! I'm more determined then I have ever been to prepare for a real economic downfall! 

  Well, on a better note I have an amazing, easy, and kid friendly recipe that I am going to share with you today!

Mini Corndogs, how much do we spend on a box of regular corndogs? I want to say please correct me if I'm wrong, but they usually come in a box of 10 at walmart in the frozen section and you pay no less then 10 bucks for them. Hmm, well what if you could make twice as many for about the same price and you don't have all those nasty preservatives in them? Yes please!!

So here is the Recipe for just one meal. This would also be something that you could make a bunch of and pop into the freezer for quick easy meals, for those busy days juggling laundry, housework and everything else. 

Recipe for a single meal-

1  box jiffy corn muffin mix 
 ( one egg and 1/3 cup of milk) - ingredients to make the corn muffin mix
2-3 hotdogs of your choice. 


Directions-

Mix corn muffin mix as directed on the back of box. 
(preheat oven to 400 degrees)
Fill muffin tins with muffin mix
Cut hot dogs into slices and place into muffin mix
Bake in oven for 15-20 min
  Let cool and serve



I served mine with my "Out of the Box Mac and Cheese" and grapes :) Kids are happy, mom is happy!! Now how simple is that??



** BLOG UPDATE**
This second time around I tried putting the hot dog slices in the muffin tins first then adding the cornbread mix and let it sit for a couple minutes to let the mix sink to the bottom of the tin. Turned out wonderful!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment