Wednesday, November 7, 2012

BLT...Junk Salad

Evening Ya'll!!! 


So, I LOVE LOVE LOVE BLTs... But, there is just never quite enough meat (says my kids dad) so I decided to put a twist on it!! I found a similar recipe on Pinterest. This is my personal take on it. 

This recipe fed my three kids, their father and myself with leftovers for tomorrow. I must add that all three of the littles came back for seconds!!! Winner in my book!!

BLT Junk Pasta Salad.

Ingredients-

Romaine Lettuce, however much you desire, I used to hearts of romaine.

One box of pasta of your choice. Tonight I used Tortelle 

Half a package of bacon, fried crispy and chopped into bacon bits

1/2 lb ground turkey browned
 
one can olive slices

4 Roma tomatoes chopped.. I tossed them in the pan that I cooked the bacon and turkey in for a minute to add some extra flavor to them.

tablespoon minced garlic (for seasoning your turkey)

1 1/2 cup mayo 

tablespoon mustard

salt and pepper to taste

First I cut my romaine hearts and gave them a good wash!

Next I cooked my bacon then my turkey. I cooked all the turkey in this tube but reserved half for a meal later this week! After my meat was done I got rid of most of the juices and popped my tomatoes in, just to give it a little flavor.
All the while my pasta has been cooking to al dente!!
 Turkey, Tomatoes, Olives, Bacon, Mayo, a Bit o' Mustard and Pasta at the bottom.
Time to toss it up

The final product!!!
 
 Yea, its sideways I know :)
Throw some of that yummy lettuce in your bowl.
Add the junk pasta on top and ENJOY!
 
 
 
The wonderful thing about this is you can do so many things with this salad, you can add any or everything you want. Pickles? Sure, Carrots? Sure! Cheese?! Dang, that's what I forgot!! 
 
Have a wonderful evening everybody. I will be back tomorrow with more!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment