Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Out of the Box Mac and Cheese"

Howdy ya'll!!! The weekend is upon us. I've got a few posts for ya'll today. First up is My "Out of the box Mac and Cheese" 

I have three little ones under the ages seven and under. When they are hungry, they are HUNGRY!! So, I ask, what child doesn't like Mac and Cheese?? Exactly!! It is comfort food for the young soul.  Boxed mac and cheese has so many extra preservatives in so, this is where my freeze dried foods come in handy. Yes FREEZE dried, no additives so extra preservatives. Wholesome, natural, and HEALTHY foods. 

Ingredients - 

3 cups cooked macaroni (today I used Ziti though)

1/2 a cup of the cheese powder blend

1/4 cup of the butter powder 

1/2 cup of lowfat milk (which I made out of the milk powder)


Directions-

Boil your noodles and drain well.

mix all above ingedients together until creamy. 

serve and enjoy. (I added a little extra salt and pepper to my own, but the kids at is as is and came back for more!!)



This recipe took me 15 minutes.. including the time to boil the noodles. 11 minutes to al dente and its done in no time at all. The best part is, you KNOW exactly what you are feeding your kids and yourself.

I bought my freeze dried foods over at walmart, they have a decent variety of emergency/everyday/food storage cans there! Reasonable price as well!!! 

Until next time ya'll, keep on preppin!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. A tablespoon of powdered sour cream makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yes! That would be a great addition, or even some cream cheese even!

    ReplyDelete