Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chicken n' Broccoli

Hey ya'll!!! Busy busy thursday it's been. I'm actually just sittin down to watch a few episodes of my favorite show, Supernatural... Oh my wow.. isn't Dean just dreamy?

Oh... yea sorry... so after the long day we had here the last thing I wanted to was slave over a hot stove. My mother sure did teach me right.. being an island girl she sure knew some tips and tricks of her own, now this recipe can be modified for crock pot cooking as well.

Chicken or Beef n Broccoli

Ingredients:

1lb chicken or beef (if using crock pot you do not need to pre cook chicken or beef)

1tbs sesame oil

1 1/2 cup soy sauce

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tbs fresh minced garlic

1 tbs cornstarch

1/2 bag frozen broccoli

Directions:

Take your chicken or beef and dice into 1/2 inch chunks.
Cook that up with your garlic.
Once your chicken or beef is cooked through add in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 min. ( I usually wait and start my rice pot at this point)

Serve over a warm bed of rice. No need to add extra salt or pepper. As my kids would say ... its so ono mom!

Enjoy ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment