Thursday, November 15, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap!!!

WOW!!! What a LONG weekend. Sorry ya'll the laptop has been down the last couple days, but watch out, I'm back in action. 

So first of all, veterans day weekend was an absolute BLAST!!! Started out the weekend by doing one of my favorite things, you got it, line dancing at the local country bar!! That's me there in the middle with the white lace shirt on. :)
 Followed by a day out in the woods with my older brother!!! Beers, Mud, and woods? Can I get a hell ya???

 My most favorite past time!!! Gettin a little mud on them tires!!! Doin it country style!!


 

Well, that was my weekend!!! 

Today I have some homemade laundry soap on the menu.. Love love love this recipe, I will never buy store bought soap EVER again!!! Took me literally under 30 minutes to make. No kidding. Plus it smells amazing, I don't have to use fabric softener unless I'm doing my towels that is. :)

Ok, here we go.. 

Ingredients:

2 bars fels naptha or zote bar laundry soap grated.

1 box borax
 
1 box WASHING soda not to be confused with BAKING soda. 

Oxi Clean I use the smallest tub of it. 

Scent Booster such as downy unstoppables or gain fireworks. (entire bottle of it.)



I mix all of my ingredients in double bagged trash bags then transfer to my container.

Grate your soap and pour ALL the named above items into your trash bags, give it a toss or 10 and transfer into your preffered container. 

The oxi clean comes with a scoop. I reuse the scoop and use it to put my soap into the DRUM of my HE washer, DO NOT put in the soap tray, but into the yes DRUM. 


 
It really really is cost effective, a child ran off with my receipt so I'm going to be making another batch in a few weeks and will post my savings and exact measurements on the boxes of ingredients and some more pictures to come.

Please, if you have questions or comments, please feel free. Love getting feedback!!

Till next time, later ya'll!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment