Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Sweet Smells of Home!

Afternoon ya'll!!! Ok so here is my do it yourself natural home fragrances!! Get rid of those expensive plug in air fresheners, talk about a waste of money!! Plus, what's in those things that make them smell so good? Ooooh, I dont know either, but I don't know if I really want to chance my children or myself breathing it in!! This recipe takes less then ten minutes to throw together, and its once again all natural!

Today I will be featuring my favorite! Orange Cinnamon or Apple Cinnamon.
 

I will be giving you the recipe I use for my mini crockpot that I use to heat this. 







2 Oranges, I quarter my oranges (if using apples I do the same.)

4 sticks of cinnamon

4-5 whole cloves

a dash of allspice

a dash of nutmeg


I toss all my ingredients into my mini crockpot
Cover your ingredients in water.
Place it in your crockpot and turn it on low. LID OFF! Your water will eventually evaporate yes.  Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn, I've left mine on low literally all day and never had a problem with it burning. 

Run it for a few hours, and if you like you can tranfer to a jar and save your scents for later use. Use up to 4-5 times. Store your leftover scent in a sealed jar in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. 

Its smart, its easy, its all natural!! 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment