Friday, February 8, 2013

Canned Chili Beans

Hey y'all!! So I scored a deal on some pinto beans at my local grocery store, so of course I had to pick them up! Today I am going to give you my recipe for canned chili beans, you can spice it up however you like but there is my variation!


In my recipe I used quart jars, since I have a large family that I am feeding so most of my meals are done in quart jars.
This recipe calls for a pressure canner as well, so make sure you have all your pressure canner gear.




Chili Beans: ***Ingredients listed below are per each jar!!

  • 2 cups pinto beans per jar, that have been soaked overnight (this should fill your jar a little over halfway)
  • 1tbs garlic powder ( I like a lot of garlic)
  • 1-2tbs chili powder
  • 1tsp cumin 
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne (if you don't like it spicy just add a dash)
  • Boiling water
  • 1/2 cup thick tomato sauce, I used my tomato powder and made my tomato sauce that way.





  • Take your hot sterilized jars and fill them with your beans

  • Add all your seasonings and tomato sauce  

  • Then Fill jars with boiling water leaving 1inch headspace. 

  • Remove air bubbles with a non metallic spatula. 

  • Clean rims with a wet cloth.

  • Adjust rings and lids.



Prepare your pressure canner and can at 10lbs pressure for 90 min.



I like at just above sea level so remember to adjust your pressure per your own elevation.



Let rest for at least 3-6 hours and make sure all have properly sealed, then store


Enjoy y'all!!!

2 comments: