Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Westport Adventure!

Hey everyone, well it seems to have calmed down around here for the most part, so I thought I would share our weekend adventures with you from this weekend!!

My family loves to go camping, my dad has his motorhome, my older brother has his camper and we all enjoy the outdoors, well most of us do. This weekend we headed out to Westport, WA for the razor clam dig!!!











 My girls and my dad decided to head out on Friday night. Me, Jeromey and my son decided to have some alone time and hang back a night before heading out to the beach.  As you can see, the girls were totally heart broken hahah!





 The next morning, Jeromey, Skyler and myself all got up and got our bags into the car and headed out to the beach, it's about an hour and 1/2 drive out to Westport from where we live. I just have to add, that I did every bit of the driving during this trip.. I didn't want to drive ANYWHERE today!!!

We stopped off at the tower as soon as we go into Westport and met up with my dad and our girls. This is a view from the top of the tower.





 The weather turned out to be very decent for us, it wasn't too cold and we hardly got any rain, a little sprinkle here and there but nothing that us Washingtonians can't handle!!!

Next stop we went to have lunch and stretch our legs. So we headed to the Hearty Galley. Their fresh clam chowder was delicious!!! If you want fish and chips stay tuned though.. cause I have the place for that coming up!!!


Here is my monkey's and my dad in front of our lunchin spot!!


Next we did the tourist thing and walked the shops, most of the shops were closed though, right now it is still Winter for them and do not open for another couple months. We picked up some salt water taffy a few souvenirs and a couple other things that weren't on the list.. I got a gorgeous ceramic tiger that I just love!! It is sitting right next to my bed .. he's my guard kitty ;)



While we were at it we decided to do some sight seeing as well. Here is the old lighthouse.



This one is just of a random house that I thought was very interesting!!







Jeromey couldn't hang and decided to rent me him and my son a hotel room... two queen beds... so my son had his own queen size bed... can you say hog heaven??? This is where he was while I dug up clams, Mr. grumpy was too tired to go to the beach, so him and his dad just chilled in the hotel room while momma brought home the clams :)












 Big Bro getting things done!



 Dad 


 Baby girl Stacia showing us how things are done :)
 Baby Chase (my nephew) 



While on the beach my daughter came across an awesome find!!! Crab anyone?? 






At the end of the day the girls wanted to stay with my dad in the motorhome so me Jeromey and the baby boy decided to go grab some grub!!!! This place has the BEST fish and chips I've EVER had. I ordered the Battered Cod.. OH MY DROOL!!! Yes, it really really really was that good!!!!!!!!!! 


If you ever come to Wesport, WA, go to Bennets Fish Shack... best ever!!



The next morning we went to the Tinderbox and picked up a delicous vanilla latte and they suggested Westwind restaurant for breakfast... boy were they right. 

Westport is a very small town and a fishing town at the that. I love the small town feel and the ladies at WestWind were excellent, their home fried potatoes were to die for!!!! I cannot wait till the end of the month when we get to do this all over again!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment