Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Sew Fleece Blanket

Living in the great northwest, most of the year we are covered in fuzzy pj pants, sweats, sweaters and fleece blankets! I don't buy fleece blankets, I make them. Today I am going to share how to make your own, NO SEWING needed!!!

What you need:
2 equal pieces of fleece material
Scissors
ruler


Choose the size you want your blanket to be, these ones here are for the kids when they lay on the couch so they are a bit smaller.

You will need two peices of fabric, the print of your choice as you can see this is my middle child's blanket so of course it is tinker bell! The other side is a purple solid color.

Lay them on top of each with the "wrong" sides facing each other or the softest sides facing down for the solid color on the bottom and the softest facing up for the printed piece. Getting them as flat as possible

I take a piece of cardboard cut 5x5 like so

Place it in the corner of your fabric and cut out your 5x5 piece of fabric. Do this to all 4 corners of your blanket.

To make the fringe cut your fabric 5 inches deep leaving 1 inch space inbetween, do this all around the blanket.


Take each fringe piece and double knot as tight as possible so it doesn't come undone!

Do this all the way around and.. I like to tie them once all the way around and then move to the couch to do the second knot so I'm not sitting on the floor for the entire project
Mr. Skyler didn't wanna get up so I could take a picture so I told him he was going on the internet.. so he covered his face .. haha silly boy!!

Tada! No sew blanket, I've never had an issue with the knots coming undone in the wash, or any other issues with these blankets. They are warm, fuzzy and fun!!!
Ms. Stacia showing off her brand new tinkerbell blanket!!
Here is another one of the John Deere one that I've recently made.. Adult sized.

Enjoy folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment