Friday, February 1, 2013

Canned Portugeuse Bean Soup

Hey y'all!!! Got one more recipe for y'all today! This recipe is per request of my dad! We love feel good food and what is better on a cold fall day then a hot bowl of soup?


What you will need:
12 quart jars with rims and lids
pressure canner
jar lifter
non metalic spatula
Saucepot


I got my recipe over at My Hawaiian Home this is the closest recipe I can find to my mom's original recipe! 


This is how my soup turned out.. .doesn't it look delicious!!

The only thing I do not add is the macaroni, they will not withstand being canned. I have not come across any recipe where noodles were a success being canned. They seem to go rancid within just a few months and break down alot during the process. 

Cook recipe and fill your sterilized canning jars leaving 1 inch headspace

Process quarts for 75 min and pints for 60 min at 10# of pressure

Once processing is finished remove and allow to cool and wait for the "pings" 

Aloha!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment