Monday, February 4, 2013

Dehydrating Green Beans

Hey there friends!! I hope your monday wasn't too horrible, I am suffering from some major back spasms today, but I still have accomplished many things. I as able to add canned beef stew to my stockpile food storage, I did my monthly grocery shopping and snagged a few deals on meat and veggies. I also got the house picked up from our superbowl party!

This evening I am going to show you how to eliminate some of that precious freezer space!! I buy the bulk bags of frozen vegetables, corn, green beans, broccoli, peas, and even hashbrowns. 5lbs in each bag, with 3 little ones and two adults we go through LOTS of veggies and potatoes. I also have a tiny side freezer, so that space is very precious to me.

Did you know that you can take those frozen veggies and dehydrate them to save space? OH, yes, yes you can!!!


 Fill your dehydrator trays and dry at 125 F until brittle.




Can you say space saver? I can! How easy!!


This is one of the shelves on my bakers rack, 5 lbs fills a quart jar, if I have some that doesn't fit I just vacuum seal it with my food saver and put it on the shelf.


 I love finding ways to preserve my food that is convenient and space saving.

These veggies rehydrate wonderfully, I make stew meal in a jar with my own dehydrated veggies and it is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment